Important notes for grant applicants:
- All grant submissions should be saved with the name of their organization (not One Hundred Shares). As you may imagine, OHS receives many applications each year. If any are saved as “One Hundred Shares Grant Applications”, it complicates our organization’s communications.
- All applications must have two signatures at the bottom of the applications.
For additional questions, please contact 2017 grant chairperson,
Ann Shearer: email@example.com
Please submit the following materials electronically along with your electronic application:
1) Financial Information
A. Detailed budget for the current year
B. Detailed Grant Budget
Provide an itemized Grant Budget Request clearly stating how the Grant monies will be used. Be specific giving actual costs while detailing items and services to be purchased. The total amount must show how $50,000, $75,000 or $100,000 will be used. Grant Request amount must not exceed half of applicant’s current operating budget. Grant Request for advertising, marketing and salaries in total must not exceed 20% of the grant amount. Grant request must not include ongoing operating expenses, rent, endowments or capital campaign funding.
C. Comparative financial statements (audited if available) for the most recent two year period.
For example, if you are applying for a grant in the year 2017, we require comparative financial statements for the years 2014 and 2015. These statements must include a Balance Sheet (a statement of Assets and Liabilities) and an income statement or Profit and Loss Statement.
D. Organization’s current 990 tax return.
E. Affiliation with federal, public, or private funding sources (be specific)
F. Copy of 501 (c)(3) IRS letter approving your tax exempt status
G. Current list of Board of Directors, staff and their positions
Instructions for sending grant application electronically to One Hundred Shares:
All required application materials must be submitted via Dropbox.com. To do this, log on to Dropbox.com at the following web address: https://www.dropbox.com/home.
- Follow the stated instructions from Dropbox for setting up an account. If you need assistance with setting up an account, you may find information at: https://www.dropbox.com/help/19
- Follow the instructions on the DropBox help page for individual computer platform details.
- When Dropbox loads onto desktop, double click on icon. Dropbox will open a main folder file. A downloadable instruction PDF file will appear in the main folder.
- Set up a new folder with your ministry name. Drag and drop your new folder into Dropbox (the main folder that has opened on your desktop).
- The folder must be titled with some version of the name of your ministry organization (i.e., do not title it, “OHS Grant Application”).
- Send file to current grant chair’s email (listed above and on website ) and click the blue highlighted “send” box. Your file will be sent to the 100 Shares dropbox and will be secure.
- OHS receives many applications on our submission date of February 1st. We strongly suggest that you familiarize yourself with the process prior to the February 1st date. If your organization is not familiar with DropBox and it’s procedures, please feel free to send a trial application earlier in the month. The grant chair will be happy to assist you so that on the submission deadline, your application process will be simplified.
One Hundred Shares is blessed to consider partnering with you and your ministry organization!
Note: Deadline is midnight February 1. Once a grant application is submitted, the applicant is not allowed to make revisions of any kind.